Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Update March 19 2012

I realized when I started adding the trees and props that the way I was handling the local view was going to be problematic for anything with some amount of height (Like a tree or a five story building), so I ended up gutting the Local View code and reworking it from scratch. It's not quite finished yet, but the new code feels much better. The local view is no longer broken into distinct screens, and the world can be explored continuously. Of course, this creates issues where edges border in sharp, straight lines which look very artificial, and the shining water code was horrendously broken in the process, so those are my next priorities.

I haven't posted a new build, because the current one is less functional than the previous one, but I'll continue to work out the bugs and post when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment